Schedule An Appointment
ALL CUSTOMERS ARE REQUESTED TO WALK-IN TO SUBMIT THEIR VISA APPLICATIONS. NO PRIOR APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED FOR VISA SUBMISSION. VISA APPLICATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED DURING WORKING HOURS FROM MONDAY TO THURSDAY, 08:00 AM TO 02:00 PM
We would like to inform you that the legalization of documents issued by the Sri Lankan authorities will take place exclusively by courier with effect from the 14 September 2020 for all documents issued from and for residents of every district in the country with the exception of Gampaha, Colombo and Puttalam, where the service will start on a trial basis from the 21 September 2020.
For any further information applicants are requested to refer to the below mentioned website:
Important: As part of the visa application procedure, from 2 November 2015 applicants will need to provide Biometric fingerprint data along with a digital photograph. If you have temporary injuries on your fingers, applicants are advised to wait until the injuries have healed before you book your appointment. Henna on fingertips may also mean we are unable to get a clear scanned image and should be removed or allowed to fade before your appointment date.
Are exempted from fingerprint process:
- Children below 12 years old
- Applicants for whom the capturing of fingerprints will be physically not possible
- Head of Governments and their family members
- Applicants who have already submitted their fingerprints in last 59 months and obtained a visa with which they have already travelled to Schengen
Before you submit your application at the Italy Visa Application Center you should carefully read the visa application process available on the website to submit your visa application and supporting documents.
You should also refer to FAQS section of this website for processing timelines before your submission.
Please note that applicants are not allowed to be accompanied inside the visa application center. The only exceptions to this are those accompanying children under 18 years-of-age or applicants who need special assistance for health reasons or disability.
If you are part of a family or group, each member of the family or group must make an visa submission. For example, if you are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 children you must make 4 individual visa submissions.
In case the there are more customers at the same time at the center, you will be served as per the token provided to you at the Visa Application Centre.
All applicants are advised to submit their applications not before 30 days from the travel date and at least 10 working days prior to travel date.
Applicant will have to apply for the visa category on the basis of the travel purpose.
Note- The Italian Embassy reserves the right of withdrawing this process without any notice.
GROUP APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS FOR TRAVEL AGENCIES
Granting of this scheme to travel agencies remains under the sole authority of the Italian Embassy, which reserves the right to withdraw this process without any notice. A group is 15 or more passengers applying as part of organized travel. Anything below 15 will not be considered group and will have to apply for their appointment under individual applications.
- PROCEDURE BY VFS
To utilize this procedure, the following documents must be provided by the travel agency to VFS:
- Business registration with translation,
- Registration with the SLTDA,
- Request letter.
A maximum of 2 members from one agency can be nominated and allowed to handle the visa process at VFS visa application center: Details of one regular incumbent and one alternative staff must be provided to the VFS.
- Letter nominating the member of the staff in charge of visa procedure and a substitute,
- Copy of their national identity card and 2 passport-size pictures.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
- The approved staff hands over the files to VFS submission counters, along with the visa fees and VFS logistic charges. Applicants come personally to VFS premises to comply with the biometric data recording. This time is adjustable and may vary depending on biometric booths availability.
APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING FOR GROUPS
A group appointment must be requested by email to Embassy of Italy (Visa section email)
The email must include the following information:
- The CEO / Owner of the travel agency/Sri Lankan travel organization must send via email only a letter (official on letter head) to the Embassy of Italy (they can find the email ID of the Visa Section in the Embassy website) where it is reported the company profile, details of the group and the reason for the group to travel to Italy (purpose of the travel/visa category).
- Travel Itinerary with all the stops indicated day by day in Italy or/and other Schengen countries
- If it is a business group the invitation letter from the Italian counterpart is also required along with the inviting person ID copy and the Company registration at the Italian Chamber of Commerce
- Travel dates and travel itinerary (flight details) to be attached and/or clearly mentioned.
- List of participants (name, surname, passport number, date of birth)
Please note that:
- Appointments should be requested maximum 30 calendar days prior to the departure,
- Appointments can be allocated from 8am onwards,
Punctuality is essential. In case of late showing-up, appointments will have to be rescheduled for the entire group.
- FILES PREPARATION
All applications need to have an original authorization from the applicant to the agent (name(s) to be indicated, date of birth, ID number) to allow the agent to handle the documents and collect the passport.
To ensure smooth application process flow at the VAC, files must be in order to be submitted. The files should be prepared according to the appropriate checklist. Application forms must be completed and signed by the applicants before arriving at the VAC. Similarly, documents must be arranged ahead.
Submitting sample files prior to the appointment day is recommended. Please contact VFS to arrange a meeting if needed.
Every application in the group should be numbered and stamped with the travel agency name.
To ease the collection, each envelope may also be stamped.
Travel agencies are reminded that this separate procedure valid for groups does not mean that applicants will be granted preferential treatment.
Furthermore, agencies found submitting individual applications on the online booking system will not be allowed to submit applications as groups and will be blacklisted.